Coming to a Grand Prix for the first time is an awesome experience. We at Bazaar of Moxen would like you to enjoy each and every part of it, and we believe that you'll enjoy it even more if you know what to expect:
What time do you need to arrive? What will happen? What should you do?
We felt like we should make all of this crystal clear to all of you.
First, an important reminder: To give us the maximum chances to start and finish on time
There will be NO REGISTRATION on Saturday morning!
Therefore, you must register online (which entitles you to additional benefits) until Thursday evening OR come to the venue, which will be open from Friday morning 10:00, where you can play in the Trials to win 2 byes. Registration for the Main Event will open at 16:00 and close at 21:00
If you registered online, you do NOT need to come to see us. You will be automatically added in the tournament. This is the core benefit of registering online: No Queuing on site!
The Seat All Players
The Main event will start on Saturday at 09:00
First, we would like to remind you that even if you have byes, you must be present at the Seat All Players, unless you've subscribed to the Sleep-In Special or the VIP Experience, in which case you'll be able to check-in at our dedicated booth.
At 08:55 on Saturday, judges will post the Seat All Players. This is a list of all the players and the number of the table they should report at to receive their product and decklist for the day.
Finding your Seat
Seat All Players will be posted on "Pairing Boards" spread everywhere in the room and outside as well. You need to report to the board that matches the initial of your Last Name.
Good to know:
- There are two columns on each sheet, so check both!
- If you can't find your last name, check your first name. Indeed, they may be switched in the global database.
After performing these two checks, if you still can't find yourself, come to see us at the Main Stage.
Checking your byes
If you have byes, check the presence of 1B, 2B or 3B next to your name. This indicates the number of byes you have in the event. If you disagree with it, come to see us at the Main Event Stage.
Good to know:
- Wizards of the Coast is providing us the OFFICIAL bye list for the event. The only way we can deviate from this list requires you show us your personal page on the Planeswalker Points website.
- If you have won a GP Trial, make sure it has been reported by your local Tournament Organizer. If he didn't perform that simple action, we will not be able to give you the byes. Again, showing us the Planeswalker Points page stating you won the Trial is a sufficient proof.
If you have subscribed to the Sleep-In Special or the VIP Experience, we'd like to remind you that you are ultimately responsible for making sure you have the correct number of byes. We cannot be held responsible for a discrepancy between what you think and the file we're sent by Wizards of the Coast. Again, check the Planeswalker Points website to make sure your Grand Prix will be perfect.
Note: Since the website requires a login and pass, we cannot access it for you. You are the only one able to login there.
For the vast majority, everything will be perfect. So it's time to go to your seat for the Players' Meeting!
The Players' Meeting
Several things will happen, in order:
- Card Pool Registration
- Signing of the Media Consent Form
- Distribution of the Promo Batterskull
- Deck Swap
- Deck Building
Card Pool Registration
Judges will distribute product and decklists. The first thing you need to do is to register all of the 84 cards on the decklist you will be given.
Note that unlike at your local Pre-release, we will perform a deck swap. This means you will NOT be playing with the cards you will open, hence you only need to focus on registering the card pool you have been given.
We know this is boring, hence so as to make that as fast as possible, here are the steps to follow:
- As soon as you have them, open all Booster Packs and put all cards in a single pile.
- Put trash in the empty booster box that is in the middle of the table.
- Remove the basic land and the token. You can keep them.
Note: If there is a FOIL basic land, you must register it and pass it.
- Sort cards by color.
- Then by alphabetical order inside each color (trust us, that really saves time)
Meanwhile, Judges will have distributed you a decklist.
- Write your name in the upper left box
- Register your 84 cards
You will have 20 minutes from the moment the whole room will have product.
When you are finished, keep them sorted and alphabetized.
Media Consent Forms
- Judges will distribute a "Media Consent Form" to each of you. This is a legal document that we encourage you to read by clicking here.
- You will need to fill out and sign this document. We want to stress that signing it is mandatory, since it also contains acceptation of the way prizes are distributed at the Grand Prix. If you do not want to sign it, you will not unfortunately not be able to participate in the Grand Prix Main Event.
- Also, if you are a minor in your country, you will need to have it signed by your parent or a legal guardian. in such a case, we encourage to print it at home and bring it with you.
The Promo card
Judges will then distribute the FOIL Promo Batterskull.
The Deck Swap
This procedure consists in exchanging decks between players before proceeding to the Deck Construction. It has two steps:
- As soon as you're finished registering and the player in front of you is, exchange your decks and make sure the other player has correctly registered his pool.
- Once this is done, give the deck back to its owner.
- The Head Judge will then give global instructions at the microphone on who to give the card pool to.
If you're still checking, stop checking and follow the instructions.
You have received a new pool. Note that it may happen you get yours back.
- Write your name in the upper right box
- Write your Table Number in the upper right corner of the decklist
This is essential to help us sorting decklists very quickly so that if you need to access your decklist, we can find it for you !
- You have 30 minutes to build a deck AND register it on the decklist.
Judges will be collecting your Media Consent Form during deck construction. They will also bring you basic lands to play with.
- Remember to write the number of basic lands you play on your decklist
- Count your Main Deck twice and make sure there are 40 cards, lands included.
- Unlike at Pre-releases, you MUST play with the Main Deck you registered during the first game of each round.
- Once you have given your decklist to a judge, modifications will not be possible.
- Oh, and once again, make sure you wrote your name and Table number
If you're looking into more comfort, check our Sleep-In Special and VIP Experience packages!
Well, that's it! Pairings for Round 1 have been posted ;)